IEEE-VTS Motor Vehicles Challenge 2019Energy Management of a dual-mode locomotive
The Vehicular Technology Society is proud to bring the SNCF in the Motor Vehicles Challenge adventure and to launch the IEEE VTS Motor Vehicles Challenge 2019: Energy Management of a dual-mode locomotive.
- First prize: $3000 grant to attend the IEEE Vehicular Power & Propulsion Conference 2018 in Hanoi (Vietnam)
- Second prize $1500 grant to attend the IEEE Vehicular Power & Propulsion Conference 2018 in Hanoi (Vietnam)
- September 30th 2018: closing date for registration, you can start to work right now! The participation is free !
- December 15th 2018: Energy Management Strategy submission deadline
- February 2019 : Results
The locomotive is powered by an overhead line through a catenary or on-board fuel cell with battery and supercapacitors. The challenge is to propose an Energy Management Strategy (EMS) to reduce the hydrogen and electricity purchase costs, to reduce the hydrogen consumption and to increase the lifetime of energy storage systems. In this way, a validated vehicle model and control will be provided to the challenge participants.
The top scoring participants will be distinguished and invited to present their results in a special session at the 2019 IEEE Vehicle Power and Propulsion Conference (VPPC) in Hanoi, Vietnam.
Download for free:
- a validated model and control of a dual-mode locomotive
- a first performant energy management
Compete with the best teams from around the world!
All the technical and practical information are available on: www.motorvehicleschallenge.org
The Challenge Committee. Dr. Walter Lhomme, Dr. Samir Jemeï, Prof. Loïc Boulon, Prof. Alain Bouscayrol, Frédéric Chauvet, Dr. Tony Letrouvé, Prof. Zheng Chen and Florian Tournez